Location of the conference
Laboratoire Paul Painlevé
Université Lille 1
Bâtiment M2, Cité Scientifique
59655 VILLENEUVE D’ASCQ Cedex
The conference will take place in the Amphi Cauchy of the M1 building, which stands right next to the building M2 where our Laboratoire (the math faculty) is located.
The conference registration will take place in the Salle Cartan, also in the M1 building.
See this annotated campus map to find your way to these buildings, as well as to the Restaurant Barrois and the Residence Reeflex (see below).
How to come to Laboratoire Paul Painlevé
The campus of the university can be reached by metro in 10 minutes from the city center of Lille.
You can find precise directions here.
- The speakers and some of the participants have a room reserved at the Reeflex Residence on campus.
- For the other participants, here is a list of well-located hotels in Lille with reasonable prices.
Hôtel Saint Maurice, 8 Parvis Saint-Maurice (next to railway and metro stations). Tél.: 03 20 06 27 40.
Hôtel Brueghel, 3 Parvis Saint-Maurice (next to railway and metro stations). Tél.: 03 20 06 06 69.
Hôtel Continental, 11 place de la Gare (opposite the Lille-Flandres railway station). Tél. : 03 20 06 22 24.
Hôtel Flandres Angleterre, 13 Place de la Gare (opposite the Lille-Flandres railway station). Tél. : 03 20 06 04 12.
Hôtel Kanaï, 10 rue de Béthune (next to Rihour metro station). Tél : 03 20 57 14 78.
- Lunch is offered to all registered participants, from Monday to Friday, at the Restaurant Barrois on campus.
- There will be a conference dinner on Thursday evening. Details will be given during the conference.
- For the remaining meals, Lille city center (in particular "Vieux Lille", the historical part of the city) offers many nice restaurants and bars, with all sorts of cuisines.
Many online guides such as TripAdvisor, LonelyPlanet, TheFork, Michelin, etc. give good suggestions and reviews.