Aims and scope:
Fluid-structure interactions, although well studied, still present many difficulties and mathematical challenges. Techniques greatly differ depending on the nature of the problem and whether one uses the fluid or structure part of the problem. This workshop will feature altogether recent numerical methods for fluid and structure models, but also for fluid-structure interactions, through applications in aerodynamics and medicine. Part of the workshop will be devoted to practical implementations on a computer.
This workshop is part of the thematic semester Modelling, numerical analysis and scientific computing in PDEs organized by the Labex CIMI.
List of speakers:
- Iollo Angelo (INRIA, Bordeaux)
- Pablo Antolin (EPFL, Lausanne)
- Erik Burman (UCL, Londres)
- Ludovic Chamoin (LMPS, Paris-Saclay)
- Eric Climent (IMFT, Toulouse)
- Alexander Ern (CERMICS, Paris)
- Miguel Angel Fernandez (LJLL and Inria, Paris)
- Patrick Hild (IMT, Toulouse)
- Yannick Hoarau (Icube, Strasbourg)
- Vanessa Lleras (IMAG, Montpelier)
- Alexei Lozinski (LmB, Besançon)
- Stéphanie Salmon (LMR, Reims)
- Marcela Szopos (MAP5, Paris)
- Xavier Vasseur (IRIT, Toulouse)
- Practical sessions:
- Guillaume Delay (LJLL, Paris)
- Pierre Jolivet (IRIT, Toulouse)
- Yves Renard (Institut Camille Jordan, Lyon)
Mehdi Badra, Robin Bouclier, Pierre Cantin & Michel Fournié (IMT, Toulouse)
The workshop will take place within the Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse, in the Amphitheater Laurent Schwartz. A detailed map of campus is available here : Access to campus. The amphitheater is located in building no 23 on the campus map (rue Sébastienne Guyot).
From downtown, take the Metro B line up to "Université Paul Sabatier" station. The 1R3 mathematics building is two hundred meters away from the Metro station.