Flows with liquid-vapor transfer occur at many different scales in the atmosphere as well as in many industrial processes. It would be interesting to have a general review of the topic before focusing on the simpler geometry involving a single liquid-vapor interface. An objective of the workshop will be to discuss the relative merits and to compare different numerical methods (if the single liquid-vapor interface is still too complex, the comparison could be made on a liquid-gas interface without mass transfer). It could be also interesting to find clear-cut problems in order to make quantitative comparisons between different models or with experimental results.
The registration is free of charge but mandatory. Lunch and coffee break will be offered.
When : december 12-13, 2016.
Program (pdf) : see here.
Registration : see here.
A 3D bubble with Adaptative Mesh Refinement
(A. Talpaert - CEA Paris-Saclay)
Invited speakers :
- Marie Béchereau (Ecole normale supérieure de Cachan, Paris-Saclay)
- Guillaume Bois (CEA Paris-Saclay)
- Hélène Mathis (Université de Nantes)
- Richard Saurel (Université d'Aix-Marseille)
- Arthur Talpaert (CEA et Ecole Polytechnique, Paris-Saclay)
- Laurette Tuckerman (Ecole Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielle de Paris)
- Stéphane Zaleski (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris)
3D bubbles with averaging plane
(G. Bois - CEA Paris-Saclay)
- Stéphane Dellacherie (CEA Paris-Saclay and Polytechnique Montréal)
- François Dubois (CNAM-Paris and Université Paris-Sud)
- Stephan Fauve (Ecole normale supérieure, Paris, France)
- Renée Gatignol (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France)
Contact : bulleIHP2016 (at) gmail (dot) com