GESDA Introductory School
5-9 September 2022 - IESC Cargèse, Corsica
Specifically turned towards Masters/PhD students and young researchers, this Summer school will introduce the main tools and concepts related to IHP's thematic quarter on Geometry and Statistics in Data Sciences.
The objective of the Introductory School is to lay the theoretical foundations for the rest of the Quarter, both in statistics or geometry and topology. Its ambition is to benefit students from Probability theory, Statistics, fundamental Mathematics.
This introductory school is built around three courses (8h each), including practical sessions with Python libraries.
- Stéphanie Allassonnière (Université de Paris) and Stanley Durrlemann (Inria & Brain Institute)
- Introduction to geometric statistics
- Mathieu Carrière (Inria Sophia) and Marc Glisse (Inria Saclay)
- Basic concepts in topological data analysis
- Christophe Giraud (LMO, Orsay)
- Introduction to high-dimensional statistics
After validation of the application by the organizers, the candidate will receive an email.
Registration to the school (including accommodation and meals) is free.
Application procedure for students
Master students, PhD students and post doc students must upload a resume/CV (pdf format). PhD students must also upload a letter of support from their supervisor (pdf format). These documents can be uploaded in the "abstract" field of the application form.
Financial support for transportation is available for students.