Group Actions and Rigidity: Around the Zimmer Program
Introductory school: Rigidity, Dynamics and Geometric Structures
Online registration (through the CIRM website)
Deadline for financial support: December 1st, 2023
April 15 to 19, 2024 - CIRM, Marseille Luminy
This pre-school on Rigidity, dynamics and geometric structures is in conjunction with the IHP main program on "Group Actions and Rigidity: Around the Zimmer Program". It is especially designed for younger participants as well as people from other areas of mathematics. The field has undergone tremendous change in the last decade. Many new deep results have been proved and novel methods have been introduced. The goal is to introduce many people to these new developments and enable them to benefit from the follow-up trimester.
Mini-courses on background, technical tools and particular constructions and examples will be conducted by practitioners at the forefront of research. In parallel, problem and exercise sessions will be organized, and junior researchers will present short research talks.
- Aaron Brown: Basics on measure rigidity
- Bertrand Deroin: Space of actions of groups on the real line
- Mikolaj Fraczyk: Random processes on symmetric spaces and discrete subgroups
- Homin Lee: Margulis-Zimmer's super-rigidity
- Karin Melnick: Automorphisms groups of rigid geometric structures à la Zimmer--Gromov